Royal Caribbean cruises are synonymous with luxury. But when Royal Caribbean International’s Quantum of the Seas officially sets the sail for the first time this year, guests will have an opportunity to enjoy a number of first-at-sea on-board experiences.
Along with a hassle-free experience for the guest, the ship will provide spectacular views and thrilling shows in the cruise industry’s most transformational space.
The guests will be provided an electronic wristband that doubles as a room key in order to help them navigate the enormous vessel and make purchases with a simple tap.
The ship has its own interactive apps, allowing guests to explore and book restaurant reservations and spa appointments while also keeping in touch with other guests.
Quantum of the Seas will offer several first-at-sea experiences; here are some of mind boggling industry firsts of this cruise:
- The Bionic Bar is sure to wow guests because it is the first of its kind anywhere in the world. Guests will order drinks on tablets and robot bartenders will mix and serve the drinks.
- Passengers will be able to enjoy a high observation deck… the North Star pod. This capsule attached to an arm will lift passengers more than 300 feet over the ocean.
- A video game suite on-board Quantum of the Seas will allow guests to compete with other gamers worldwide using Xbox Live.
- This giant 4,180-passenger ship weighs 167,800 tons and has 18 decks…making it the third largest ship in the world.
- The Quantum of the Seas will have 18 restaurants, including celebrity chef Jamie Oliver’s Italian restaurant.
- The cruise will offer a skydiving simulator, bumper cars and a rolling skating surface.