Building a house is a very time consuming, tedious, and expensive job. To make this job easier, a Ukranian startup called PassivDom has developed a 3D-printing robot that can build a smart house in just eight hours.
Whether you want to live in the mountains, the forest, or by the sea, this sweet little house allows you to live a sustainable lifestyle.
Designer Maria Sorokina, said, “We should have opportunities to live in nature away from civilization, but have comfortable conditions of a traditional house. This technology can allow us to live in the woods, on mountains, or on the shore — far away from people and infrastructure.”
Here are some of its features:
- The printed house is completely autonomous; it doesn’t require any fuel combustion even in Arctic climate conditions.
- Electricity needs are met by the solar panels on the roof. Moreover, lithium phosphate batteries are used which provide enough energy for “2 weeks of absolute autonomous work in conditions of TOTAL sun absence.”
- Required water is collected and filtered from humidity in the air.
- Houses have an independent sewage system.
- Dubbed as modulOne, this amazing house is even connected to the Internet of Things (IoT) network. You can control heating and air-conditioning systems via your smartphone.
- It can be easily transported to another place. There is no need for any foundation and it can be installed on any type of land.
- PassivDom offers three models of homes, where the smallest model measures 380 square feet and is available for just $31,900.