Jatayu Earth Centre – The world’s largest bird sculpture is the masterpiece created by a famous filmmaker Rajiv Anchal. This mind-blowing statue of an eagle is a terrifying tribute to women’s safety and honor. It has brought an old myth back to life.
Jatayu is basically a mythological bird character from the Ramayana. Jatayu tried his best to save Sita (wife of Lord Rama) from her abductor Ravana, the demon king of Lanka. Ravana was kidnapping Sita in his magical flying chariot. Jatayu fought bravely but it failed to save Sita. Injured Jatayu lost his wing and landed on the top of a rock.
- A rock-themed park is located in the heart of Kerala in India.
- It took six years to build this masterpiece.
- Inside it there is a digital museum, a 6D theatre along with other technological wonders.
- It stands at an altitude of 350m (1200ft) above mean sea level.
- The colossal statue is (200 feet (61 m) long, 150 feet (46 m) broad, 70 feet (21 m) in height and having 15,000 square feet (1,400 m2) of floor area) of the great bird Jatayu.
- There is a ropeway from where visitors can enjoy some stunning bird’s eye view of Kerala. Kerala with its lush vegetation, the waterfalls, beaches, wildlife reserves, trekking trails, and backwaters is known for its beauty.
- Helicopter rides are also available.
- This park also offers a wide range of interesting adventure activities including valley crossing, trekking, zip line, paintball, rappelling, bouldering, archery, jumaring and wall climbing, among others.
- For those who love to track, in these natural rock formations all the climbing activities are designed.
- For foodies, there’s a multi-cuisine food-court on-site from where guests can enjoy breathtaking views of the surrounding.
- One can also seek spiritual assistance here as there is an age-old Siddha Cave Healing Center, where all their spiritual needs are taken care of.