Industrial Process Automation
Today’s industrial operations are run on software, control systems, and embedded computing all with an eye toward efficiency, optimizing customer assets and outdoing the competition. It is an “arms race” if you will in which laggards become yesterday’s losers and adopters outshine the competition.
Visualizing, Controlling, Analyzing & Optimizing Production
Information on all industrial processes and inputs from the full range of hardware, software and outputs in the plant are collected in real time and integrated by software and system management tools. Management and staff can monitor the information with a fine tooth comb and make decisions based on real-time information to head off potential slowdowns, stoppages, etc.
The Next Industrial Revolution
Humanity is transitioning into its next industrial revolution and organizations that proactively adopt leading automation technology will have a competitive edge over those who don’t. Automation technology today may seem alien as mobile devices did just a decade ago but ndustrial automation will be a much bigger wave than mobile devices and its time to get on board as the technology is moving very quickly.
The following video shows the application of automated systems to an iron ore processing plant:
Related articles on IndustryTap:
- The Story Behind ABB Group: A Multinational Industrial Juggernaut
- Caterpillar, Inc.: The World’s Leading Industrial Bellwether
- Step Right Up! Next Week’s Industrial Automation Electronics Conference to Focus on Issues and Opportunities in $75 Billion Market
- 50 Do-It-Yourself Open Source & Sustainable Industrial & Farming Machines
- Industrial Production Rises For The Sixth Straight Month
- Are 3D Printed Parts Ready For Industrial Applications? Igus Develops the World’s First 3D Printable Bearing Material Filament
- Tell Your Story To An Engaged Industrial Audience – Industry Tap FOCUS
- Tell Your Story To An Engaged Industrial Audience.
- 3 Quick Tips for Forklift Accident Prevention in the Industrial Workplace
- This Industrial Fanless Panel PC is Perfect for Kiosks and Digital Retail Signage
References and related links:
- Automation and Process Control | GE Energy Management
- GE’s Industrial Performance & Reliability Center “Makes the Catch” with 99.7% Accuracy | Business Wire
- Proficy(R) Workflow from GE Fanuc Intelligent Platforms Digitizes Work Processes. | Reuters