Polaris, the Minnesota-based maker of all-terrain vehicles and snowmobiles, officially unveiled a new class of vehicle, the ‘Polaris Slingshot,’ an amazing three-wheeled motorcycle.
This powersports giant draws from the company’s experience with a wide range of powersports equipment, from snowmobiles and side-by-sides to ATVs and GEM Electric Motorcars.
The Polaris Slingshot looks like a car from the front, however, from the rear it’s a giant mutant motorcycle. It has an open cockpit, steering wheel, and bucket seats for two riders. This superbly executed machine is officially classified as a motorcycle rather than a car, and one has to wear a helmet and must have a motorcycle endorsement on their license in order to drive it.
Here are some of its features:
- This motorcycle is both fast and safe.
- It has a 2.4-liter GM Ecotec engine and delivers 173 horsepower.
- The Slingshot is light, weighing well under 1,800 pounds (816 kg).
- The base model of the Slingshot comes with titanium metallic paint, 17-inch alloy wheels in front, and an 18-inch rear wheel.
- The vehicle has three headlights and a lower air splitter.
- This three-wheeled moto roadster is very safe and is designed to keep all three wheels on the ground, with standard traction control, electronic stability control, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Slingshot is available at a surprisingly reasonable price of $19,999.
Discover the Slingshot in action in the video below: