If you love to spend your leisure time looking at the water or always dream about living in the water, Italian mini-yacht manufacturer Jet Capsule has a surprise for you to fulfill your dreams.
The company has come up with a creative concept for a saucer-shaped UFO, or ‘Unidentified Floating Object’, which offers a completely off-grid existence floating on the sea.
As per the company’s co-founders, Pierpaolo Lazzarini and Luca Solla, the floating UFO home is intended for “living in a floating house and moving slowly around the world.”
Here are some of its special features:
- Energy is generated from 40 square meters (430 square feet) of solar panels, which are located in the closeable space at the top of the roof for protection during a storm. Moreover, wind and water turbines could also be added, which would generate enough power for household operations and the motor on cloudy days.
- As per Jet Capsule, this UFO is “unsinkable.” Furthermore, “The main structure of the floating object can be aligned with a compass, keeping the position angle oriented on the desired cardinal direction, even in rough sea conditions.”
- Drinking water is made available by solar-powered desalination and a system that purifies rainwater.
- Food comes from the vegetable garden that encircles the structure and measures 12.5 m (41 ft) in diameter.
- The lower level of the UFO is submerged in the water and has a viewing window to enjoy the underwater world.
If you are planning to buy this floating UFO home, then you have to wait as it is still a concept. At present, the company is seeking investors to build the first working prototype, at an estimated cost of $800,000 USD. However, the company is hopeful that the UFO’s price will eventually come down to $200,000 USD.