A group of designers has developed a new kind of “skin flick” using the Cicret bracelet which connects wirelessly to smartphones, projecting an interactive screen onto a user’s forearm where one can play games, read emails, and answer calls.
The technology is similar to Apple’s Jaw Bone which allows users to log food and drink, calorie counts, track sleeping patterns and set alerts. The technology is interesting but the recent limited acceptance of the Sony Smartwatch and Google Glass means Cicret’s future may be uncertain.
Cicret bracelets, currently in prototype, will be new addition to the “wrist wearable” market which has had a long string of fitness applications. Inside the bracelet is a processor that communicates with a phone app via Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. The bracelet also has a vibrator, and accelerator and a USB port.
Cicret bracelets are expected to be available in late 2015 or early 2016 and retail for about $400. Following is a video showing Cicret in action. The company is looking for investors!
Related articles on IndustryTap:
- Kodiak Power Bank: A Thick Skinned, Rugged, Powerful Mobile Charger
- In Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) – The Next Great Innovation In Automobiles?
- Delicate Balance: Developing Safety Standards For Human, Mobile Robot Collaboration
- Floods, Fraudulent Titles and Frightening Automobile Failures
- Creating Virtual Touch Screens to Control Mobile and Desktop Devices
- Director Zack Snyder Just Shared The First Official Image Of The New Batmobile
- Mobile Exoskeleton, The Chairless Chair, Is Starting a “Chairolution” For Production Workers
- Mobile Operating Theaters Put Life-Saving Medical Services on Wheels
- This Guy Has Built Over a Dozen Replica Batmobiles… You Won’t Believe The Pictures!
- First Picture Of The New Batmobile From The Batman/Superman Movie…
References and related links:
- Turn Your Arm Into A Touch Screen With The Cicret Bracelet
- Cicret Bracelet – Your skin will be Touch Screen
- The bracelet that turns your ARM into a touchscreen: Cicret project.