Land Rover, the company famous as a maker of luxury vehicles, has just announced its Land Rover Explore. It is not the name of some rugged new vehicle, but a smartphone that is claimed to be “the toughest phone in the world.”
Here are some of its interesting features:
- This tough device was built with help from the Bullitt Group (a U.K. firm that has also worked with Caterpillar, Kodak, and JCB on their phones).
- The phone is drop-proof up to a height of 1.8 meters (5.9 ft.), as it comes with a factory-fitted screen protector.
- It can also withstand extreme temperature and weather changes, including “freezing cold to blistering heat, thermal shock, intense humidity, and vibration exposure.”
- Inspired by Land Rover’s Discovery vehicle, this amazing phone comes with a front grille resembling the one found on the SUV.
- Land Rover boasts the phone comes with 4000mAh battery, which can give you two days of usage with the screen constantly on.
- Explore can handle mud, dirt, and plenty of bumps.
- The phone can be used even when you’re wearing thick gloves.
- It includes some essential emergency features, including a compass and an SOS light.
- To collect memories, Explore comes with a 16-megapixel rear camera for high-resolution shots and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera for selfies.
- The phone is waterproof, even in saltwater, up to a depth 6 ft. (1.8 meters).
Want the toughest phone in the world? Land Rover’s masterpiece will be available in April for $833.
Source: Land Rover Explore