Mechanical Samurai Robot Katana Fight
Today’s industrial machines and robots are capable of extremely intricate movements. Swiss ABB has created two katana, aka Japanese sword, wielding robots that maneuver through a series of fight sequences and showcasing the extremely precise movements of which today’s smart machines are capable. The robots were created for a recent trade exhibition of automated machinery.
ABB’s katana fight involves two industrial robots using authentic Japanese swords. The fighters touch sword points, attack, defend, and mirror each other’s moves. While all moves are pre-programmed, it will not be long before these fighters are able to dynamically defend and attack creatively in response to opponent movements.
ABB manufacturers industrial robots and is at the forefront of the development of artificial intelligence in the industrial marketplace serving a wide range of industries.
Related articles on IndustryTap:
- Swiss ABB Makes Strategic Investment In Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- The Story Behind ABB Group: A Multinational Industrial Juggernaut
- World’s Tallest Building, Burj Khalifa Running on ABB Custom Smart Grid
- Great Gabbard: The World’s Largest Offshore Windfarm (90 Square Miles)
- Rockwell Automation, World’s Largest Company Dedicated To Industrial Automation & Controls, Is On A Mission
- Process Automation: Monitoring “Health” Of Iron Ore Plant
- A Short History Of Cryptography & Its Quantum Future
- Smart Grid Vulnerabilities & Protection From Cyber & Physical Attacks
- The Story Behind Siemens: An Unrivaled Global Powerhouse
- Northrop Grumman’s XS-1 Supersonic Spaceplane Looks to Secure DARPA Contract
References and related links: