According to Market Research Reports (MRR), the smart commercial drones market, valued at $3.4 billion in 2014, is expected to jump to $27.1 billion by 2021, an increase of nearly 800%.
A summary of the report shows MRR analyzed the following market segments that comprise the smart commercial drone market:
- Oil & Gas
- Border Patrol
- Law Enforcement
- Homeland Security
- Disaster Response
- Package Delivery
According to MRR, commercial-grade consumer video drones currently make up the largest revenue segment in this market and is expected to remain the biggest segment through 2021.
A partial list of additional MRR findings indicates:
- All segments will benefit from better technology, especially high-quality video cameras.
- Improvements expected in coming months and years include greater stability, reliability, navigation, soft landings, longer flight times, and increased capacity and variety of payloads.
- Drones will continue to become smarter as they have more sensors and increasingly sophisticated software to allow automated responses to their environments.
- Drones will become “flying computers,” making them smarter, easier to fly, and more maneuverable, even when flying in remote areas. Drones will also have more advanced cameras and camera management.
- Drones will increase productivity in many situations, leading to billions of dollars in economic growth.
- Drones will be increasingly seamlessly and securely linked to the Internet for data upload and download.
- Drones will be capable of autonomous takeoff, flight, and landing, all controlled remotely.
For more information visit Market Research Reports.