Australia is going to build the world’s first “Tesla Town” on the outskirts of Melbourne. Designed, developed, and built by the property group Glenvill, each and every house in this town will have a solar roof and a built-in Tesla Powerwall.
Here are some of its salient features:
- The Australian Tesla Town will be officially named YarraBend after the Yarra River flowing through the neighborhood.
- The YarraBend development will cover 16.46 hectares of land and will comprise of 2,500 new dwellings that include a variety of single-family homes, townhouses, and apartments.
- Solar panels installed on the rooftops are expected to generate enough power that inhabitants will even be able to recharge their electric cars for free.
- The housing project will cut down water usage by 43%, and landfill contributions will also be reduced by 80%.
- Houses in the development will have many amazing features, like electric car recharging points, a “tech concierge,” and a YarraBend app that will help residents connect to a variety of amenities and update them by providing them information like public transport timetables, home delivery menus, carpooling arrangements, and social events.
- These green buildings are designed to minimize their impact on the environment – houses will be able to generate and store solar power and will have energy efficient lighting and appliances.
This incredible eco-friendly town will be ready by late 2017. If you want to buy one for you, you can visit YarraBend’s website.