- Ann Arbor – This relatively small US city of a population of only 120 thousand boasts a staggering percentage of 73% of its citizens being holders of a bachelors degree.
- London – The capital of the UK has a 58.5% population holding a bachelor degree. It’s numerous educational institutes, colleges, and universities are acting as a magnet for foreign students, so more than half of everyone who lives there is educated.
- Washington – According to the last census, 56.6% of the Washington population are Bachelor degree holders, so it positions third in the list.
- Oslo – Norway’s capital comes fourth with 54.3% of the population holding a bachelor’s degree, but if we accounted for the post-graduate percentages it would rank higher in the list.
- Tel Aviv – Israel’s pride, Tel Aviv is where the Mediterranean’s tech and economic heartbeats. 53.2% of its population holds a bachelor degree.
- San Francisco – Coming sixth, with a bachelor degree rate of 52.4%, San Francisco is a notable tech and education hub in the United States.
- Zurich – Switzerland’s banking and finance center, Zurich is home to many bachelor degree holders, 51.6% of the population to be precise.
- Helsinki – 51.4% is the percentage of bachelor graduates living in the Finish capital. The city is a start-up haven, so its residents are naturally educated.
- Edinburgh – The beautiful city of Edinburgh is home to gaming studios like Rockstar Games, banks, and the Scottish government. It ties with Helsinki with a percentage of bachelor degree holders of 51.4%
- Stockholm – In the capital of Sweden, just over half of the population (51%) holds a bachelors degree. No wonder how Skype and Spotify came out of there.
Top Ten Cities that Foster the Higher Education Percentages
By: September 9th, 2019|
More articles from Industry Tap...