Most of us simply throw out those little silica sachets that come along with new electronic devices, shoes, or purses.
But did you know how useful these little packets are?
After reading this you might think twice before tossing them away, as these free sachets can prove to be very useful for different life hacks that can save you time, energy, and money.
These little sachets can prolong the life of anything that would be affected by excess moisture or condensation. Silica gel has millions of tiny pores that can absorb and hold moisture. These gels can absorb about 40 percent of their weight in moisture.
Here are some ways you can put them to good use:
- Don’t panic if you have dropped your cell phone in a swimming pool or a puddle or even the toilet. You can save it by leaving your phone in a jar full of these sachets. It’s apparently 10 times more effective than leaving it in a bowl of rice.
- These packets can help in keeping your gym bag fresh.
- Put some of these in your toolbox — they will keep your tools free of rust.
- You can preserve your old photos and books using them.
- They can help keep your makeup bag fresh.
- These sachets are packed along with electronics because they prevent condensation, which can damage components.
- If you ever have to pack wet clothes, especially when you are on holiday, just put some of these packets into the luggage.
- Moisture causes razors to rust, blunting your blades before their time. Keep your razor in an airtight container with a silica gel packet to keep it sharp for longer.
- You’ll never have to wait for your windshield to clear up in the mornings again. Just put few silica sachets under your windshield. They will absorb the moisture, leaving your windshield clear.