Architecture students at MIT, led by professor Sheila Kennedy, have designed solar charging stations disguised as wood rockers. Dubbed as “SOFT Rockers,” these smart, clean-energy charging stations allow you to recharge yourself and your electronics while relaxing and chatting with friends.
To create the rockers, enhanced fabrication techniques are used to curve flat wooden panels. These teardrop-shaped outdoor rocking lounge chairs have solar panels on the top for charging the gadgets of those who relax within. Here are some of the features of this amazing product:
- Users can very easily adjust the tilt of the solar tracking system for maximum solar gain.
- It is a great combination of high-tech and low-tech design strategies…it generates power through solar energy but works like furniture.
- Soft Rockers provide power for up to three USB devices, and some after-dark lighting to allow the party to go on even in the dark.
- Soft Rockers make use of human power of balance to make an interactive 1.5 axis 35-watt solar tracking system.
- Soft Rockers follow the sun, even when in use.
- Inside of the Soft Rocker, there is a strip of light tape that illuminates and gives it a captivating look.
Lay back and relax outdoors with your smartphones, mp3 devices, laptops and other gadgets without any fear of losing juice.