If you love to spend time with Mother Nature without compromising on the comforts of home, then you are going to love the Cocoon, by the Autonomous Tent Company. It allows you to enjoy the natural beauty around you, whether it’s untouched forest or seafront and then leave it without a trace.
Here are the details:
- This new type of architectural structure requires no foundation but has the stability of a permanent structure.
- The exterior shell of this Autonomous Tent is made up of a high-tech, translucent fabric. This tent is supported by a frame made from steel or aluminum tubes, or laminated beams. Moreover, there is also an additional layer of insulation, particularly for warm or cold climates.
- It can be outfitted with off-grid technologies like a solar power array, a solar hot water array, composting toilet, greywater system, and a wood-burning stove.
- The structure is engineered to withstand some pretty rough weather.
- Made for personal or commercial applications…it can be used as the living area or can also serve as a guest suite, yoga studio, or office space.
- Inside the tent, available floor space is about 500 – 700 sq ft (46 – 65 sq m), which is divided into a living area, bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom.
- The tent can be easily raised in a matter of days and can be dismantled and moved with ease, leaving no trace on the site it occupied.
- These portable luxury tents come in two selections: the 700-square-foot Cocoon and the 1,000-square-foot Tipi.
- The filtration system transfers water from showers and sinks back to the earth, and the composting toilet handles blackwater.