Lamborghini has officially released the Essenza SCV12- a limited-edition hypercar. The Essenza SCV12 offers more power than any other naturally aspirated V12 model created by Lamborghini.
Essenza SCV12 is developed by Squadra Corse, the company’s racing division, and is designed by Lamborghini Centro Stile.
Stefano Domenicali, CEO and chairman of Automobili Lamborghini said, “The Essenza SCV12 represents the purest track driving experience that our brand can offer, an engineering feat that highlights the inextricable link between our cars and the asphalt of the track,”
Here are some of its distinct features:
- Essenza SCV12 will be built in just 40 units. It is not street legal and can only be used on closed circuits.
- Its V12 engine produces over 830 horsepower (619 kW), making it the “most powerful V12 from Lamborghini to date,”
- The rear wheels of the car are driven at a power-to-weight ratio of 1.66 hp (1.24 kW) per kilogram.
- The lightweight of the vehicle is maintained by using a new-generation carbon fiber monocoque chassis, which acts like a roll cage. Not only that, other elements like magnesium wheels also aid in weight reduction.
- It is the first GT car developed under FIA racing prototype safety rules.
Domenicali said, “Lamborghini is a brand constantly looking to the future and searching for new challenges, but we never forget our roots and who we are: Essenza SCV12 is the perfect combination of our unconventional spirit as a super sports car manufacturer and our true passion for motorsport,”