GGB’s history as the global leader in plain bearing technologies dates back more than 115 years, beginning with the founding of Glacier Antifriction Metal Company in 1899, and the company’s industry-leading innovation has continued ever since.
GGB’s DX®10 is a value-engineered steel backed bearing product designed with a tough abrasion resistant polymer surface for heavy duty applications and harsh environments where high loads, shock, heat and abrasive contamination are present.
Intended for greased or oil lubricated high load processes such as in construction equipment, heavy duty vehicle, and king pin applications, the GGB DX®10 offers the following advantages:
- Good wear resistance, high load capacity, and high pU capability
- Excellent abrasion resistance, good temperature resistance, and excellent chemical resistance
- Very good performance with grease and oil lubrication
- Available with pin indented surfaces for better lubricant retention
- Machinable: broaching, reaming
- Available in bushings, washers and special shaped parts
However, these robust features aren’t merely for show. In fact, GGB opted to prove the superiority of the DX®10 via a bearing performance test in which the company compared the DX®10 to DX and HI-EX through abrasion resistance, oscillation with grease, and thermal dimensional stability.
For the abrasion resistance test, each thrust washer was pin indented and the grease was contaminated with 50% by weight Arizona road dust. Testing indicated that DX 10 abrasive wear resistance was better than GGB standard product DX ® and on par with GGB premium product HI-EX.
For a FREE white paper and the full results of the performance test, including how the DX®10 stacked up against DX and HI-EX in oscillation with grease and thermal dimensional stability, please fill out the form below: