One of the America’s Fastest Growing Companies
If anyone needs a new technology based educational ecosystem it is kids. It is children who have one foot in the old world, educated in traditional schools, and one in the new, having smartphone and tablet technology in their hands from their earliest days.
No one can say that this technology will immediately do the trick, but it is a start, a baseline technology which educations can use to record and measure results and make tweaks as evidence comes in. Certainly, Fuhu will be a success if it can help children improve their math, reading, social studies and science skills.
Fuhu’s new platform is a full featured Android table that combines an advanced operating system with an OS overlay called Blue Morpho. The tablet has advanced headphones, touchscreens, WiFi, cloud based software services, hardward, a camera, data storage, accessories and advanced graphics in which to immerse kids.
Fuhu & Dreamworks Platform
Fuhu, an El Segundo, CA startup has raised over $50 million and has partnered with Dreamworks Animation to create the first computer tablets on the market made just for children. Fuhu has created the nabi tablet, now available at a host of major US retailers including Best Buy, GameStop, Target and Walmart. Fuhu recently made Forbes list as one of the most promising and fastest growing companies in the US.
Blue Morpho has more than 400 kid-focused features and incorporates a stylus, near field gaming technologies, and more. DreamWorks Animation has contributed its expertise in graphics and video so that Fuhu content is engaging and exciting. Finally, Fuhu has excellent parental controls, a Nvidia Tegra 3 processor and retails for just $199.
The latest version, shown in the following video, is the Fuhu Nabi 2.
Related articles on IndustryTap:
- Open Data from Over 700 US Federal R&D Facilities Now Available to Entrepreneurs and Innovators
- IBM’s Watson Has A New Gig: World Class Chef
- “Chindia” Rising – What China & India Will Do By 2050
- New Electric Thinking Cap Stimulates the Brain’s Learning Capabilities
- “Idea Factories” & STEM Students: A Recipe For High Performance Industries & High Wage Jobs
- Harvest 40 Different Fruits from This One Tree
- The Future of U.S. Engineering: Framing a National Agenda
- Can Your Job Be Done By Robots? This Data Is Scary BUT Intriguing!
- Goonhilly Earth Station Reborn with 999-Year Site Lease
- The Secret to Choreographing Complex Robotic Movements
References and related links:
- Fuhu Announces The Nabi Big Tab HD In 20 And 24-Inch Variants
- Fuhu Nabi Kids Tablet Review & Rating | PCMag.com
- Fuhu nabi 2 review: a great kids’ tablet now with Google Play and Jelly Bean – PC Advisor