Were you to wake up in Ferrari World in Abu Dubai you might think you were waking up in an autophile’s dream world; just don’t forget to bring your Formula One racing glasses!
150 MPH Roller Coaster, Fastest In The World
The theme park is 200,000 m² and located on Yas Island. It has 20 rides and attractions including roller coasters that reaches 150 mph (240 km/h) , carousels, 3-D light shows, a theater and an Italian restaurant.
Ferrari World is for people who are fascinated by the history and accomplishments of Ferrari. In the entire history of Ferrari there have been 130,000 vehicles produced.
Ferrari World exhibits include re-creations of famous Italian cityscapes, structures and racing venues. A traditional carousel with Ferrari like prototype cars. A theater with films showing historic Ferrari cars from the 1920s. An interactive 3-D show following a Ferrari engineer in his work. A couple of roller coasters including the fastest in the world. The world’s largest Ferrari gallery outside of its home country. A space shot tower that propels riders 200 feet (60m) up and out of the building. A Junior Grand Prix racing school for kids. And more.
Fun Facts About Ferrari World
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi Details (Information courtesy Ferrari World Abu Dhabi)
- The 86,000 sqm enclosed area of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi can fit 7 football fields in ‘head to toe’.
- The total roof area of 200,000 sqm uses enough aluminum to cover 16,750 Ferraris, or if you laid the roof flat you could place 20,100 Ferrari’s side by side and end to end.
- If Ferrari World Abu Dhabi was turned upright, it would be the tallest man made structure in the world at over 300 floors!
- The Ferrari logo on the roof, the largest ever created, measures an incredible 65m in length and covers an area of 3,000 sqm which could fit at least 7 basketball courts.
- The volume of concrete in Hoover Dam could fit inside Ferrari World Abu Dhabi.
- 100,000 cubic meters of concrete were used to pour the slabs of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, which is 10,000 cubic meters more than what was used for Wembley Stadium in London.
- Ferrari World Abu Dhabi has the largest space frame structure ever built with a total of approximately 172,000 members and 43,100 nodes.
- Ferrari World Abu Dhabi needed 12,370 tons of steel to create its structure; the Eiffel Tower only needed 7,000 tons.
- The gross footprint area of the plaza level is equivalent to approximately 15 American Football fields.
- The Empire State Building could be rebuilt in the same time it took to clad the 200,000 sqm of roof for Ferrari World Abu Dhabi; approximately 14 months.
- Formula Rossa, the world’s fastest roller coaster, has the same G force one would feel driving in an F1 car and braking at maximum speed.
- Bell’Italia displays more than 40,000 hand-planted miniature trees.
- Ferrari World Abu Dhabi includes 1,200 dining seats – enough to feed the entire park at full capacity in 3 hours.
- Ferrari World Abu Dhabi will have for the first time under one roof Four Michelin star experienced Italian chefs.
- There is a total of 663 jelly palms surrounding the two coasters. Each palm produces 4 pounds of fruit.
- A football field needs 8,400 sqm of grass coverage; to cover the area around the roller coasters at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, 4.5 times that amount was used – approximately 39,000 sqm of ground cover.
[relatedYouTubeVideos relation=”title” max=”1″ class=”horizontal center bg-black” showVideoTitle=”true” showVideoDescription=”true”]