British company Pod Space makes prefabricated buildings that can be used as guest rooms, backyard offices or studios.
These eco-friendly prefab pods can be fully customized, from a small personal eco-space to a full-service home to accommodate four adults, and can fit into most backyards.
Each building is a state-of-the-art, energy-efficient eco pod. Here are some of their primary features:
- The modular nature of these pods means they can be as flexible as you need them to be.
- If you’re moving, your pod can be easily relocated like any other movable property.
- Pods have options like energy-saving glass, solar roofs, double-glazed self-cleaning glass, and ultra-thin under floor heating system that comes with a fully programmable digital thermostat with built-in timer.
- Pods can be installed quickly and easily because they do not require planning permission.
- Pod Space even offers an eco-friendly green roof system made from biodiverse sedum herbs and grasses. This cost-effective green roof system acts as a waterproofing system and provides further thermal and acoustic insulation.