Russia One Tram, or R1 Tram, is a new generation transport vehicle. The tram is designed by UralVagonZavod or UVZ for the linguistically challenged. UVZ is a Russian machine building company that specializes in tanks.
Dubbed as “iPhone on rails,” it looks like the Batmobile on the outside. These trams are designed to meet interests of different social groups and are expected to run in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Nizny Novgorod, Yekaterinburg, and Volgograd.
The R1 Tram Boasts Some Innovative Features:
- The R1 tram is super hi-tech. Interiors are really amazing. It is equipped with Wi-Fi, GPS, GLONASS navigation, seven HD-CCTV cameras, and LED mood lighting that keeps changing with weather and time of day.
- It can accommodate only 28 people per car and between 190 and 270 total.
- The tram has shiny black glass, an illuminated display, and touchscreen operated doors.
- The tram is outfitted with aluminum stepping boards, and rails are antibacterial.
- There are built-in heaters to minimize icing and to make it comfortable in harsh climates.
- It’s more comfortable, modern, and cost-efficient than its western analogues.
- The astonishing forward-slanting cabin will help the driver get 30 percent wider view of the tracks, which can reduce collisions and other potential accidents.