New York & Dubai-based award-winning design architecture firm xCassia has unveiled plans for ‘Zanzibar domino commercial tower’. It is going to be a spiraling skyscraper on a man-made island off the west coast of Tanzania‘s Zanzibar archipelago.
Recently xCassia signed an agreement with Tanzania’s AICL Group and Edinburgh’s Crowland Management Ltd to design this tower.
Following are some of its features:
- The 4 million square feet (370,000 square meters) touristic destination.
- The design of the project is inspired by the shape of stacked dominos.
- It is composed of 360 “dominos” curled around a yachting marina.
- The project consists of three main sites, the Arrivals Plaza, the Zanzibar Domino, and the Island Resort.
- This 70-story spiral-shaped building will be the tallest in Africa after Egypt’s Iconic Tower.
- It will contain 560 residential apartments and two luxury hotels. It will also have a golf course, four helipads, a wedding chapel, and a marina at its base for yachts and cruise ships.
- There will be an observation platform on top of the tower for providing panoramic views to the visitors.
Youssef S. Amour, Executive Chairman of AICL Group, said, “Positioned as one of Africa’s first truly iconic global destinations for tourism, entertainment, culture and conferencing, the Zanzibar Domino will offer visitors, residents and businesses a multi-faceted program designed to create year-round distinctive experiences, professional pathways and investment opportunities,”