Japanese motorcycle manufacturer, Yamaha Motor Company, recently debuted its new 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3 at the AIMExpo, a new addition to its R series sportbikes. The new entry-level bike, a light weight, A2 category supersport, was ridden by MotoGP star Colin Edwards before the media.
The bike will be released in early 2015 and available for purchase at US distributors by March 2015 at the latest, and globally thereafter. The bike is expected to compete with the Honda CBR300R and the KTM RC390 and retail at $4,990. Yamaha projects the bike will be its volume leader in the USA and Canada.
Yamaha YZF-R3 has a 321 cm³, in-line, two cylinder, liquid cooled 4-stroke Dual Overhead Cam engine that cranks out 42 PS power and 29.6 Nm torque at 9,000 rpm. The bike will come in three colors: Team Yamaha Blue/Matte Silver, Rapid Red and Raven.
The following video shows Colin Edwards and his wife Alyssia introducing specs.
For more information and images see Yamaha YZF-R3: Image gallery – Moneycontrol.com
Related articles on IndustryTap:
- The Kawasaki Ninja H2R: A Bike Beyond Belief & The Most Powerful Motorcycle Ever Produced
- Keanu Reeves’ Arch Motorcycle Company Releases Its First Bike
- Erzbeg Rodeo: The Toughest One Day Motorcycle Racing Event in the World
References and related links:
- 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3 | motorcycle review @ Top Speed
- Yamaha YZF-R3 2015 Bike Price, Features & Specification | AutomobileHiTech
- YZF-R3 2015 – Motorcycles – Yamaha Motor Europe