Ownership of a luxury yacht is synonymous with unrivaled wealth and is a status symbol that only the world’s richest can afford.
Russian billionaire Andrey Melnichenko is spending his fortune to build the largest luxury sailing yacht in the world. Dubbed Sailing Yacht ‘A’, this vessel will cost around $451 million.
The super luxury yacht will be 482 feet (147 meters) long, which is more than a standard football field. The yacht’s masts are more than 328 feet (100 meters) tall…taller than Big Ben’s tower in London.
Here are some of the features of this most advanced yacht:
- The yacht has been named ‘A’ to ensure it is listed first in shipping registers.
- Sailing Yacht ‘A’ will have a top speed of 21 knots (24mph) with a range of about 5,320 nautical miles.
- The composite masts of ‘A’ will be the largest in the world.
- ‘A’ will be decorated with Baccarat crystal and mirrored surfaces.
- It will have bomb proof glass and 40 CCTV cameras to ensure security.
- ‘A’ is expected to hit the water later this year when it will begin its first sea trials.
- It will have room for a crew of around 54 and can host 14 guests.
- Sailing Yacht ‘A’ will have eight decks and will weigh 14,224 tons.
Once the final product hits the water, it will surely prove to be a head turner.