At last week’s Messezentrum Bad Salzuflen Custom Bike Show in Germany top-drawer aftermarket exhaust manufacturer Akrapovic unveiled the Full Moon Concept promotional show bike. The event was the 10th annual bringing together motorcycle customizers and aficionados from around the world to the East Westphalia spa town of Bad Salzuflen; there were more than 800 custom bikes on display.
This years show featured the International German Custom Bike Championship Final that included 300 participants competing for awards in 18 categories including body painting, climbing the “wall of death” and more.
Full Moon has bodywork which integrates and extends the exhaust system willand was developed in cooperation with the famous custom shop Slovenian Dreamachine Motorcycles. The bike’s steering is completely automated with no visible cables allowing for a minimal front end. The team took more than 800 hours of work to turn a sketch into the final product. Full Moon’s front wheel is huge, 30 inches, and is made of carbon and aluminum. The bike is made almost entirely from sheet metal and was designed to resemble a full moon.
According to Akrapovic, “”This is an extremely technically advanced motorcycle, full of unique elements that were carefully chosen to make the bike totally exclusive, and the shape hides completely new solutions used on a custom bike for the first time.”
Following is a video from the show followed by images of the Full Moon bike.
The following images are from the show:
Related articles on IndustryTap:
- The Kawasaki Ninja H2R: A Bike Beyond Belief & The Most Powerful Motorcycle Ever Produced
- Keanu Reeves’ Arch Motorcycle Company Releases Its First Bike
- Erzbeg Rodeo: The Toughest One Day Motorcycle Racing Event in the World
- This Couple Built The World’s Fastest Electric Motorcycle… Hit 241.901 MPH!
- Motorcycles Going Green? Check Out This Tron-Like Electric Bike…
- Stunting: A New Combination of Epic Motorcycle Skills and Stunt Riding
- LAPD Officers Recruited to Test Military-Grade Electric Motorcycles
- Hybrid Vehicle Mashup is Part Car, Truck, Motorcycle and Chopper
- Harley Teases a Quieter Motorcycle… Or Is It Electric?
- Lotus Introduces Tron-Designed Motorcycle That Costs More Than Its Cars
References and related links: