Hammacher Schlemmer’s Undersea Aquahoverer is a new personal submarine designed with simplicity in mind.
Being deemed one of the easiest personal submarines to operate in the world, essentially the same as driving a car, the submarine literally hovers in the water as you steer it thanks to its fixed positive buoyancy.
The Undersea Aquahoverer can achieve this hovering-like consistency thanks to its six 400-rpm, 1.2-kilowatt ducted propellers—two front and four rear which enable easy omnidirectional movement and standstill hovering.
Undersea Aquahoverer’s streamlined composite pressure hull is capable of keeping two passengers safe in its custom carbon fiber seats at depths of 400′.
Acrylic dome head spaces allow for explorers to look around and see all the wonders of the ocean from reefs to underwater species, and maybe even explore wrecks/debris.
Undersea Aquahoverer Features:
– Powered by a 15kWh battery
– Dimension of 16 1/2′ l x 75″ w x 43 1/4″
– Weighs 3,968 lbs
– Controllable from either one of the cockpits
– Intuitive and fly-by-wire controls
– Two independent digitally monitored oxygen systems
– Closed-circuit internal (and VHF-to-surface) communications system