Triton Submarines, a Florida-based luxury submersible company has not only conquered the deepest recess of the ocean with its “deep-sea elevator,” but also delivered its first 24-seat DeepView tourist submarine in Vietnam.
Now the company has released its new six-seater sub designed to launch from the garage of a mega-yacht.
The company has named this six-person submarine the 3300/6. This is because of the fact that it is capable of descending to 1,000 meters (or about 3,300 feet). It is the world’s highest capacity recreational submersible capable of reaching that depth.
Triton Submarines explained, “As the world’s largest capacity acrylic-hulled personal submersible with a certified depth rating to 1,000m (3,300ft), the delivery incorporates numerous significant milestone ‘firsts’, further lengthening Triton’s existing list of pioneering achievements,”
Following are some of its features:
- The vessel is powered by two main thrusters and two veteran thrusters at 12.5 kW each.
- Top speed of the craft is 3 knots (3.45-mph/5.5-km/h)…allowing you to enjoy mesmerizing the sea’s underworld.
- The craft also features a touchscreen pilot system and joystick control.
- For an uninterrupted view of the depths of the ocean, it has an impressive transparent ball 2.5 m (100 in) in diameter.
- This acrylic pressure hull weighs about 11,000 kg (24,300 lb)
- It is about 4.55 m (14.9 ft) long.
- The vessel is “optically perfect” and offers minimal distortion when viewing the depths.
- It carries enough air and battery for 10-plus hour undersea excursions.
- The submarine is air-conditioned to make your trip comfortable