Forget rotating restaurant, now Turkish architect HayriAtak has designed a skyscraper that shifts and rotates with wind.
The design of the Engineering marvel ‘Squall Tower’ was recently revealed on HayriAtak’s website and social media.
This concept project combines three different parameters in the most appropriate way. Unlike traditional skyscrapers that resists the wind’s strength, this tower would work to move with the wind like a turbine.
Following are some of its features:
- The tower features a trio of separate ribbon-shaped segments designed to rotate slowly, at a fixed speed.
- The segments rotate twist around a central axis, with numerous branches joining them as one.
- The cross-section of each ribbon is designed to be streamlined…allowing it to rotate with minimal drag.
- With or without wind, the whole structure will complete a single rotation once every 48 hours.
- The aerodynamic design of the cross-section of each of the components will allow rotation with this speed.
- This movement gives a total 360° view of Dubai.
- A helipad on the top of the building will allow individuals to enter from the top. However, rotating entrances on the base will provide access to each of the building’s trio of helical towers.