Temperature rise due to Climate change is pushing ecosystems and communities beyond their ability to cope. For indoors, we have air conditioners, however what to do to keep the body cool while outdoors?
Now, tech giant Sony has unveiled a tiny portable air conditioner that fits right in your pocket.
Sony calls this personal portable air conditioner ‘Reon Pocket’. It consists of a small device that slips into a pouch in a special t-shirt.
Following are some of the features of this device:
- The device can be controlled at the touch of a smartphone app.
- It can lower your body temperature by 13 degrees Celsius (23 degrees Fahrenheit)
- In cold days, it can raise your body temperature by about 8 degrees Celsius (about 14 degrees Fahrenheit).
- It is very small in size and it weighs a mere 85 grams (3 ounces).
- Prices range from 12,760 yen to 19,030 yen (about $117 to $175).
- It has a battery life of 24 hours and a charge time of 2 hours.
- It supports iOS and Android.
- It comes in two versions: the Reon Pocket Standard and Reon Pocket Lite.
- For now, Sony is planning to launch the Reon Pocket only in Japan.
Sony said: ‘Reduce the discomfort due to various temperatures such as hot summer outings, crowded train heat, cold winter outings, etc, and get comfortable in summer and winter.’