Drones have huge potential for growth, but there are serious concerns about safety as accidents like drones crashing into walls or harming people are very common. This is because landing is the hardest part of flying, as the drone has to reduce its speed while approaching the ground without crashing into it.
However the Snap, a drone by Vantage Robotics, offers a simple, alternative way to land. The main body of the drone is attached to the folding propeller assembly by magnets. This feature allows it to come off under impact without incurring any lasting damage.
Snap not only features magnetic break-apart components but also has a high-quality 4k camera. Here are some of the features of this amazing drone:
- Snap is thin and ultra-light. Unlike large and heavy drones, Snap weighs about 1.1-pounds. Moreover, its compact body makes it very easy to transport in a backpack.
- The Snap has a 4K camera with a Sony Exmor sensor. The 2-axis gimbal-stabilized camera shoots Ultra HD video at 30fps. Slow-motion options are available at 1080p and 720p resolutions.
- Snap comes with magnetic breakaway architecture.
- Snap can be easily controlled by a smartphone app.
- The system is designed to be modular, having waterproof tracking modules and bigger battery packs.
- It can cut through 20mph winds and on a full charge, it can last 20 minutes in the air.
- With Snap, you can take photos and record videos from near impossible angles, distances, and locations.
In short, Snap is a drone that packs high-quality recording equipment in a lightweight ultra-compact body.