Holographic displays usually require expensive high-tech equipment. But now you have this technology at your fingertips. You can turn your smartphone into a hologram projector by using a few household items.
What you need to build your own 3D hologram projector:
- Graph paper, pen, and ruler – You’ll need to be precise while drawing a basic trapezium on the graph paper to form the blueprints for the device.
- CD case – An old CD case will do, make sure to clean it well before using.
- A sharp knife and scissors – Using your blueprints drawn on the graph paper, cut the shape and cut the CD to build the sides of your holographic projector.
- Clear Tape or Adhesive – To attach the four sides of your projector together.
- And of course, the smartphone – To place the projector screen on your smartphone and play a holograph-specific video from YouTube.
Watch the tutorial video below and follow the steps for creating a hologram display. This video has been viewed over eight million times since being uploaded on August 1, 2015!