Shoveling snow is one of the most laborious, tedious jobs. What if you could clear your driveway without even stepping outside?
Robotics firm Superdroid Robots has unveiled a remote control snowplough you can operate while sitting in the comfort of your living room.
Features of the radio controlled snowplough:
- The six-wheeled snowplow is powered by six 24-volt 127RPM electric motors.
- Its 52-inch-wide snow blade can clear your driveway in no time.
- The droid weighs 400 pounds, making it big enough to tackle most snow-clearing jobs.
- Raising and lowering the pneumatic plow blade is controlled from a wireless remote.
- The snowplough can be fitted with a camera for a live feed.
- It can be customized to include 2 additional batteries to keep it working longer, chains for the wheels and even a Wi-Fi option so you can control it over the internet.
- It can plough a parking lot on a single charge.
- It works best in 2-6 inches of snow.
- The major drawback is its price, which is a whopping $8k.
SuperDroid Robots, the North Carolina firm that has developed this snowplough, can also customize it for each user; they have already upgraded it with headlights for better control.