This awesome Annandale Seascape Cottage is designed by New Zealand-based architectural firm Pattersons on the edge of the peninsula banks in New Zealand. This gorgeous retreat, with its breathtaking ocean views and warm climate, is envisioned as a honeymoon escape.
As per the architects, “The plan is an interlocking geometry responding to both near views of the Bay and far views out to Rocky Spires. It is lined with horizontal macrocarpa wood. This timber forms integrated joinery, wall and ceiling panels behind double glazed low e-glass in storm and shatterproof steel mullions which utilize earthquake resistant sliding heads.”
Here are some of its features:
- This beautiful house is built using locally sourced materials. The floors are made with in-situ poured concrete under an earth turfed roof. Even the stone is carved from a nearby quarry.
- This amazing cottage can be accessed via a helicopter or a breathtaking 4WD transfer across cliff-top farm tracks.
- This unconventional cottage is set into a rock escarpment.
- It accommodates a lobby, one living room, small kitchen and a bathroom.
- The cottage is self-sustainable as it harvests on-site water and has the facility to treat wastewater.