Just 5 years back, the concept of 3D printing may have seemed futuristic but the technology has evolved exponentially faster in recent time. 3D printing technology has now made it possible to print everything from brains to jet engine parts.
3D printing has taken another significant leap forward, from an expensive industry specific tool to a quick tool that can even be used at home. The 3Doodler from WobbleWorks is such a step forward in the evolution of 3D printing that this handheld 3D printer can draw 3D objects in the air.
3Doodler is world’s first and only 3D printing pen that can draw in the air or on a surface. Users can simply plug it into a power source to start drawing. It can even be used for minor repair work. Here are some of the salient features of this 3D pen:
- 3Doodler is the most affordable way to 3D print.
- It does not require any software of computers.
- This compact pen uses ABS plastic, the material used by many 3D printers. It extrudes heated plastic, which quickly cools and solidifies into a strong stable structure
- 3Doodler is not a toy for children. While the plastic extruded from 3Doodler is safe to touch once it has left the pen, the pen itself has a metal tip that can get as hot as 270C.
- The ‘180mm by 24mm’ 3Doodler pen weighs less than 200 grams ( 7 ounces) which works just fine on 110v or 240v.
- The average 1kg spool of 3mm ABS contains approximately 360-370 feet of plastic…or approx 3,960-4,070 feet of 3Doodler printing.