SeARCH and Christian Muller Architects have designed a stunning private holiday villa called Villa Vals, which is the unique combination of architecture and interior design in the Swiss environment. The villa was designed to integrate completely with nature with as little disturbance as possible. It’s concealed in an Alpine slope and is very close to the world famous thermal baths of Vals.
It combines the vicinity of all the essential facilities with the wonderful views of untouched nature. Here are some of the interesting features of this beautiful villa:
• The site is developed without disturbing the bath’s expansive views.
• This Subterranean Luxury house is completely immersed in the mountainside, with only the central patio able to be seen above ground.
• The central patio into the steep incline creates a large façade with considerable potential for window openings.
• Access to the villa is through the nearby wooden Graubünder shed, via an underground tunnel which runs straight through the mountainside.
• This 1,700-square-foot villa is surrounded by green meadows (or snowy hilltops depending on the season).
• To keep the place warm and comfortable in winters, the villa has triple isolation glass and floor heating in all rooms, as well as a heating recovery/ventilation system and open/closed fireplaces.
• The home is completely green as hydroelectric power that’s generated at the nearby Zerveila Reservoir is used instead of fossil fuels.
You can ski, hike or bike in the Alpine surroundings and relax afterward in the famous Therme Vals. But staying at Villa Vals will cost you. Rental rates run anywhere from €950 ($1,296 US) per night to €3850 ($5,253 US), depending on the time of year.
To learn more about Villa Vals and see additional pictures, visit the villa’s website.