Surprise… More electric devices are exploding, and this time it’s not hoverboards or vape pens.
In fact, one of the more popular electric skateboards on the market from the company Boosted have experienced two incidents where the board’s lithium-ion batteries were found to have “vented” inside their enclosures.
As a result, Boosted is urging their customers to halt riding and charging its second-generation electric skateboards.
While Boosted has acknowledged the battery malfunctions, they also announced that nobody has been injured, which is welcome news.
Still, the company says the boards should not be placed next to flammable objects at the moment, and if anyone is experiencing issues such as smoke coming from the board, to please call Boosted engineers immediately.