Guess what? A New York architecture firm has unveiled its plans for an incredible skyscraper that hangs from an orbiting asteroid.
The brains behind this terrific skyscraper are Clouds Architecture Office, which is also the brains behind the proposals for a Mars house and a cloud city.
The out-of-this-world building would be so big that the daylight at the top would be 45 minutes extra than at the bottom.
The firm said, “While there may be a benefit to having 45 extra minutes of daylight at an elevation of 32,000 meters, the near vacuum and -40C temperature would prevent people from going outside without a protective suit.”
Here are some of its features:
- This “world’s tallest” skyscraper is called Analemma Tower.
- It will be suspended from an orbiting asteroid located 31,068 miles (50,000 km) above the earth.
- It will keep moving and will travel in a figure eight pattern through the northern and southern hemispheres.
- It will pass over major cities such as Panama City, Havana, Atlanta, and New York City.
- The only way to leave the building is by parachute.
- It will be constructed in Dubai.
- The Tower would be set up in sections and each will have a designated purpose.
- Entertainment, shopping, and dining will be conducted at the lower end of the towers. Over that there would be offices.
- Middle compartments would be used for gardens and residential spaces.
- There will be no issue of water, as fresh water will be collected from condensation of clouds and rainwater that is then purified.
- Power will be generated with the help of solar panels located at the uppermost levels to generate power from the sun.
- In order to deal with pressure and temperature differentials, shape-shifting windows will be designed that will adjust their height.