Italian yacht builder Persico Marine has recently shared their latest concept, the racing yacht Persico F70. The Pininfarina Nautical department collaborated with design studio Carkeek Design Partners and Persico Marine to develop this yacht.
This fast “water flying” sailing boat is a combination of high performance with luxury interiors. This yacht is not only suitable for daily sailing but is also designed to be used for racing.
Persico Marine stated, “The goal is to deliver an innovative concept for owner drivers: a stylish, simple, strong, safe and highly competitive foiling yacht, offering a seamless transition between day sailing and racing sailing modes.”
Following are some of its features:
- Persico F-70 is an innovative hyperboat that blends the latest naval tech and sleek architecture.
- Persico F-70 is about 70-feet long (21.33 m).
- Being a foil-assisted carbon composite hyperboat, it weighs just 10,000 kg.
- The mid-range size of the Persico F-70 also allows it to be easily manageable.
- It requires a crew of just 2-4 people.
- This futuristic yacht allows you to literally fly over the water.
- Its retractable wings and elevators on the rudder blade allow it to glide easily over the water.
- The Persico F-70 just requires 10 knots of wind (18.5 km/h) to go into full flight mode. However, its full flight is not disclosed yet.
Daniele Mazzon, the chief yacht designer of Pininfarina Nautica, said, “Indeed, the interiors are open space with a series of structural rings, creating a perspective illusion that emphasizes the length and width of the boat and expresses a dual passion for daysailing and racing performance,”