IndustryTap has reported on BITCOIN and its potential to change the world in articles including “Satoshi Nakamoto, BITCOIN & the Depoliticization of Money“.
The world financial system indeed seems prone to cyclical ups and downs, often amounting to severe crises and dislocations that require huge bailouts by governments, funded by hapless citizens.
The question is can currencies like BITCOIN help stabilize the world financial system or will they make things worse? Proponents believe BITCOIN has the potential to cut out many of the middlemen who take a slice of the pie for doing little or nothing.
The following video is a primer on BITCOIN for those who are unfamiliar with it:
COINBASE: Bitcoin Payment Platform
Paypal subsidiary Braintree will begin using the BITCOIN payment platform Coinbase, one of the largest BITCOIN companies in the world. Coinbase currently handles BITCOIN payments for Bloomberg, Digital River, Expedia, Reddit, Dell and 36,000 other businesses.
Braintree’s customers include Uber, AirBnB, Dropbox and many others who will now be able to accept payments in BITCOIN.
Related aricles on IndustryTap:
- Satoshi Nakamoto, BITCOIN & the Depoliticization of Money
- $1 Billion In Digital Currency, Is Bitcoin Electronic Gold?
- Hackerspaces: New Digital Culture Communities For Knowledge Sharing & Collaboration
References and related content:
- Finextra: Braintree brings One Touch mobile payments to international markets
- Ebay’s Paypal embraces virtual currency bitcoin. Could help bitcoin get some respect. – The Washington Post
- Apple Nudges Paypal Deeper Into Bitcoin