Technology is everywhere. There’s not a single aspect of the human experience that hasn’t been touched by technology. Everything from household work to space exploration is basically reshaped by different technologies.
Have you ever thought about how far technology has come in last few decades?
Here are some of the most significant changes that technology has delivered over the years:
- A few years back, it was very difficult to contact a person if they were out of the house. In the field of business, sending documents was a big job. However, when fax machines and email technology evolved, it made work much easier, but now we have mobile phones, tablets, web-conferencing, and social networks.
- Communication is instantaneous, simple and cheap. We can transmit documents, videos, and images anywhere in the world instantly, and at no cost. You are never out of reach unless you purposely want to be.
- Look at the evolution of mobile phones:
- Just have a look what happens in one internet minute!
- The computer that landed Apollo 11 on the moon was less powerful than your cell phone. It had less processing power than a TI-83 calculator.
- Look at what happened in 9 years:
- In the field of space:
- Technology has become compact and sophisticated. Have a look at the pic depicting 5-megabyte hard drive being shipped out by IBM in 1956.
- This is a picture of Bill Gates in 1994 depicting CD-ROM that can hold more information than all of the papers below him. However, One CD can now store 1,000 Terabytes (TB) of Data.