Help Your Business be More Eco-Friendly
Making investments in environmentally friendly technology can future-proof your business and ensures you spend less money and time managing overheads. This post gives an outline of environmental actions to take for your business.
Recycling and Waste Management
Put recycling bins into your office to help your employees sort waste such as paper, confidential waste, glass, plastic, and compost. Even industrial waste such as metal can be disposed of in an environmentally friendly way by services like ERG Air Pollution Control, which helps to achieve an eco-friendly workplace and avoid sending recyclable waste to the landfill.
Commuting to work is a huge contributor to carbon emissions. Good ways to reduce your business carbon footprint are as follows:
- Car shares – if you have employees that drive to work, it might be a good idea to suggest carpooling – four people from the same area don’t need to travel from work to home separately all the time.
- Bike to work scheme – registering with the scheme means employees can get themselves kitted out with a bicycle for their commute and save a significant amount of money.
Make minor adaptations to your office such as swapping out old lighting for energy efficient lighting like LED or T5. Heating can also be used more efficiently by making the most minor of changes. Using a programmable thermostat and setting the temperature even just one degree down in the winter and keeping air conditioning units set at one degree higher in summer can save your business around ten percent of annual costs on heating.
There are many ways you can use various software and hardware to minimize costs on energy spending and reduce your business carbon footprint. Here are just a few of the options available:
- Cloud computing – Cloud storage can eradicate the need for paper filing systems as well as provide access to essential business information when working away from the office.
- Accessible meetings online – Skype or video calls can be used to hold virtual meetings which saves money on travel expenses and reduces unnecessary emissions.
- Work mobiles – Having a company smartphone or tablet can increase productivity outside of work hours if your role demands it without the need for a power hungry desktop.
Having an eco-friendly business goes hand in hand with saving money in the long run, and can really stand out and look good for your company’s public profile when you’re seen to be making a good environmental impact.