Samsung has unveiled its long-awaited foldable smartphone ‘the Galaxy Fold’ on stage at Samsung’s Galaxy Unpacked 2019 event.
Samsung Galaxy Fold with a fully bendable screen will be available for sale from April 26th. This innovative piece of technology will open up like a book and when closed, you will feel as if two phones are stuck together.
Here are some of its amazing features:
- There will be two versions of the Galaxy Fold: a 5G model and an LTE model.
- The Galaxy Fold will be available in Space Silver, Cosmos Black, Martian Green and Astro Blue. You can personalize the color of the hinge, as per your choice.
- Fold Buyers will get a free pair of Samsung’s new wireless earbuds.
- It features two screens of 4.6-inch each and it stretches to a tablet-sized 7.3-inch display when opened out.
- The two sides of the Fold are joined together by a hinge with multiple interlocking gears.
- It can be charged wirelessly, and it also allows you to charge another device wirelessly by using the Fold as a charging mat.
- There’s AKG tuned speakers on board for providing decent sound.
- There are six cameras around the Galaxy Fold: three in the back (16MP + 12MP + 12MP), two on the inside (10MP + 8MP) and one on the cover (10MP) for selfies.
- Galaxy Fold packs 12GB of RAM and a high-end 7nm processor.
- For fast speeds, it has 512GB of internal storage and UFS 3.0 (Universal Flash Storage) support.
- Fold’s total battery capacity is 4380mAh.