Dutch sports car maker Donkervoort has officially unveiled a special edition of its D8 GTO sports car. The D8 GTO Bilster Berg Edition has been created to celebrate the success of the company’s record-breaking test car.
The new version is named after the Bilster Berg race track in Germany where Donkervoort’s D8 GTO set the lap record for a production car at the track.
It features a number of updates compared to the regular model. Here are few specifications of the new D8 GTO Bilster Berg Edition:
- The car is powered by an Audi 2.5L R5 TFSI engine that produces 380 bhp.
- The car weighs just 1,510 pounds (685 kg).
- It has a top speed of around 168 mph and accelerates from 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) in just 2.8 seconds.
- To minimize weight, the special version will extensively use carbon fiber for interiors.
- The car features new Intrax shock absorbers and a stiffer chassis for better grip.
- The special edition will have special badges, a dash plaque and a new data-logging display with GPS.
- The dashboard is decorated with special emblems including a type plate bearing the number and name of the owner of the car.
Limited to a production run of just 14 cars, the D8 GTO Bilster Berg Edition is priced at $231,000. Unfortunately, none of the special edition cars will end up in the U.S.