In a big breakthrough, a flying sports car has successfully flown 1,500 ft (460 m) in the air over Slovakia as a part of a test flight. The innovative car is capable of switching from road vehicle to aircraft in just three minutes.
The exclusive footage was posted on YouTube by the Slovak company called Klein Vision. They shared the vehicle driving on a runway. After some time it stopped to deploy wings, and then it takes off and soars through the air.
For making a car fly, it was a challenge for Klein and his team to make it light in weight. So the car is a two-seater and weighs about 2425 pounds (1099 kg). The car is capable of carrying an additional load of around 440 pounds (200kg).
Following are some of its features:
- The vehicle is powered by a BMW 1.6-liter engine.
- It has an effective power output of 140 HP.
- It is expected to have a travel range of 621 miles.
- This flying car needs a runway of at least 984 ft (300 m) for liftoff.
- It can reach maximum speeds of 124 mph (37 km/h).
- The car takes up the space of a normal parking spot.
- It has wings that open out and a single propeller at the rear.
- When it is on the road, its wings fold up.
The company’s co-founder Anton Zajac, said, “With AirCar you will arrive at your destination without the hassle of getting a ride to airport and passing through commercial security,”
“You can drive your AirCar to the golf course, the office, the mall or your hotel and park it in a normal parking space.”