Smartphones are no doubt a necessity to modern living and can be a hugely productive tool.
But excessive smartphone use could result in profound changes to our brains and to society. Smartphones are distracting us even when we aren’t looking at them. Whenever there is a buzz in a phone, the itch we feel to check our phone is very damaging to our ability to pay attention to what we should be doing.
Now there’s the BoringPhone that will save you from this addiction. It is for people who want to spend quality time doing the things that matter to them, than to waste it while staring at a small screen.
BoringPhone is a minimalist smartphone with all the useful features minus distractions- it does not have WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube or mobile games
BoringPhone is a simple Android handset that offers following features:
- BoringPhone is a Xiaomi Mi A1 – a 5.5in, Snapdragon 625 handset having 4GB of RAM, a 3080mAh battery.
- There’s no app store at all on the BoringPhone.
- It has data messaging, voice and video calling, camera, GPS / nav, podcasts, music and tethering / hot spot functionality.
- It does have a syncing tool for your contacts and calendars.
- You even get a calculator, gallery app, a notepad tool, a clock, a voice recorder, a torch and an FM radio app.
- You’re not constantly distracted by the likes and shares of social media
- You can change its background