Aptera has just unveiled its newest solar-powered three-wheeler EV that never needs to be charged up. This startup has cleared the biggest hurdle that blocks a widespread transition to electric cars. So, the vehicle has an extraordinary range of up to 1,000 miles (1,609 km) with a full charge (with its top option).
Aptera co-founder, Chris Anthony, said, “With Aptera’s Never Charge technology, you are driven by the power of the sun. Our built-in solar array keeps your battery pack topped off and anywhere you want to go, you just go,”
“Never Charge is built into every Aptera and is designed to harvest enough sunlight to travel over 11,000 miles per year in most regions.”
Following are some of its features:
- There are banks of solar panels on its roof and hood.
- There are 180 small solar panels, covering an area of over three square meters (32.3 sq ft).
- Solar panels will generate enough power that many drivers will never have to charge it.
- The array can charge the EV up to 60 kM while in park mode.
- It has a top speed of 110 mph (177 km/h).
- It is very lightweight and is super-strong…thanks to built-in carbon/kevlar/flax composites.
- There are many options available, with liquid-cooled electric motors either in the front two wheels or in all three.
- Depending on the selected range and added options, the price range from $25,900 up to $46,900.