With the proliferation of literally hundreds, if not thousands, of accelerators both in the US and around the world, it is essential to begin applying objective measures to analyze the effectiveness of these relatively new vehicles for startup companies.
Seed Accelerator Rankings (SARP) began four years ago to promote greater transparency with respect to fundraising, valuations, successes, failures and more.
The winner this year, AngelPad, had 2,000 applications for 15 spots in the most recent “cohort.” For a look inside AngelPad, take a look at the video below.
According to the Seed Accelerator Rankings (SARP) for 2015, the top 20 accelerators in the United States are:
- techstars – Boston
- NVC – New Venture Challenge – Chicago
- The Alchemist Accelerator
- Capital Innovators
- MC – Mass Challenge
- The Brandery
- ZeroTo510 – Medical Device Accelerator
- blue startups
- Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator
- The Iron Yard
For more on SARP’s methodology, visit their website.
The following video appeared on PBS and is an overview of AngelPad in San Francisco.
References and related content:
- The Top 5 Tech Startup Trends of 2013 – The Accelerators – WSJ
- Tech Wildcatters #8 of Top 15 Accelerators in US | LAUNCH DFW | Dallas Startups | Fort Worth Startups
- Durham-based LaunchBox Digital 4th on ranking of US Startup accelerators | TechJournal