The world’s first commercial flying car, “The PAL-V Liberty” by a Dutch manufacturer “PAL-V,” is now on sale. Prices start from $400,000 for the “Sport” base model and $600,000 for the “Pioneer,” which includes features like electronic flight instrument display and power heating.
At present, the company is accepting pre-bookings for this amazing car. However, the first customer deliveries are scheduled for the end of 2018.
Robert Dingemanse, PAL-V’s CEO, said, “After years of hard work, beating the technical and qualification challenges, our team succeeded in creating an innovative flying car that complies with existing safety standards determined by regulatory bodies around the world.”
Here are some of the features of this masterpiece:
- The vehicle has three wheels, and rotors on the roof and the tail.
- It also has two Rotax engines (one for driving and one for flying).
- On the road, it can travel at up to 100mph, and in the air, the car can travel at 112mph and up to 4,000ft. While in the air, its mileage drops considerably – one will have to refuel every 310 miles.
- For shifting the car from drive to fly mode or vice versa, it will require about 5-10 minutes.
- Noise generated while in flight will be “much less” than a helicopter.