In April 2014, British sports car manufacturer, Trident, led by designer and founder Phil Bevan, announced its launch of the fastest and most fuel-efficient diesel sports car in the world and its availability worldwide.
The new automobile sports a 430 horsepower 6.6-liter Duramax V-8 that produces 700 pound-feet of torque, travels from 0-62 mph (100 kph) in 3.7 seconds, tops out at 190 mph (306 kph), and travels 2,000 miles (3,219 km) on a tank of gas.
Iceni uses the Chevrolet Silverado’s 2500 from General Motors and runs on mineral, kerosene, paraffin or bio-diesel fuel and utilizes a patented “torque multiplication technology” (TMT) so the car’s torque is harnessed to improve the car’s efficiency by 20%.
Trident Iceni: Available In Three Body Styles
The Iceni is available in three styles: Convertible, Magna (fastback) and Venturer (wagon). The vehicle has 30 bespoke (custom) designed and manufactured components and has leather trim, sports seats, a touchscreen and DAB radio and can accoodate two suitcases and two overnight bags.
Iceni costs $201,000 (126,000 pounds) and is customized to each customer’s needs and tastes, providing a unique product for each. According to Bevan, “The Trident cars deliver incredible speed and performance combined with outstanding fuel efficiency, achieved through our unique torque multiplication technology.”
Related articles on IndustryTap:
- British Automaker Debuts the World’s Lightest Sports Car
- FSO Syrena Sports Car Ressurected
- Build Your Own Sportscar for Just $30,000
- World’s Best Gran Turismo Video Game Player Now a Professional Race Car Driver
- Zero Emission “Salt Water” Powered “e-SportsLimousine” Wins EU Certification
- ‘Salt Water’ Powered Supercar Faster Than a McLaren P1, Given Approval For European Roads
- AeroMobil’s Flying Car Prototype Completes Its Maiden Flight
- The Low Carbon Footprint, Convenience and Huge Savings Known as Zipcar
- Nissan Makes Dream Version of Gran Turismo 6 Car a Reality
- Race Car Drivers Rev Up F1 Simulators to Prepare for World’s Top Racing Events
References & related links:
- Trident Iceni, fastest diesel sports car, announced | Motoroids.com
- Trident Iceni: the fast and the frugal – Hindustan Times
- Trident Sports Cars Home