3D printing is no doubt a revolutionary technology and is about to transform every single aspect of our lives. Nowadays, 3D printing machines can print objects out of almost any material – from nylon to glass, from chocolate to titanium – and with any complex geometry.
It was only a matter of time before you could 3D print your own shoes. Spanish 3D-printing firm Recreus has designed the Sneakerbot II shoes. Inspired by popular ’80s sci-fi movies, such as “Back to the Future” and “Star Wars”, these shoes can be printed on any 3D printer.
About the shoes:
- The shoes are printed with the dual extruder and a combination of PLA and a new kind of elastic filament called Filaflex.
- They come in a range of metallic colors and matte hues.
- Each shoe is made using flexible, elastic and durable filament. Because of this, these shoes can be easily folded up and stuffed into a pocket or bag.
- The shoes are waterproof and retain their shape even after being folded.
- They offer the perfect balance of support and comfort
- These shoes can be printed at home using special ‘fabric ink’.
- Users can make them to fit to their exact size, adjust the softness and can print the shoes in their favorite color as well.
If you have a 3D printer at home, try making your own shoes yourself! Take a look at how Recreus does it: